Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Heading Down Under


Hello, I’m typing this from somewhere over Utah?  Or Arizona?  I’m not sure, but it looks sandy down there.   This time tomorrow, I’ll be in Australia.  I packed up and I’m gone for the year--maybe forever?  I don’t know if things will work out over there.  I don’t know if I’ll be okay.  I’m leaving behind my family and friends to embark on something of my own.  I applied for a working visa to make some cash while I’m living there.  I spent last night packing for 4 seasons for at least the next 8 months.  Its funny that most of my life can fit in two suitcases.  This is going to be an interesting adventure.  I have a few plans for what I want to do, but at the same time, I don’t have a plan at all.  I decided two weeks ago I was jumping on a plane and giving it a shot.  How do I feel right now?  I’m nervous.  I’m excited.  I’m anxious.  I’m scared.  But then, I get really excited all the new possibilities.  

It was really hard leaving my best friends behind.  I honestly have a small group of people I see and hang out with all the time.  It’ll be weird being on my own for a bit, but if I learned anything in Belize, it’s the frequency at which you meet people.  Friends are waiting at every corner to be made.  

I’m going to really miss my family.  I wish we left on better terms.  I guess sometimes, you need space.  Hopefully time fixes all that needs to be fixed.   

I’m not sure what I’m doing with school right now.  I don’t know what I want from that anymore.  I know that I want to finish school, I just want to figure some things out.   Like, I want to help people.  I have a pretty good idea about how I want the next couple years of my scholarly life to go.  But, I’m young now, so why not make a few mistakes and take a few chances and enjoy whatever life’s gonna toss my way?

Maybe down under will be a good thing.  Maybe down under will be life changing.  

I’ll keep you posted.  What else can I do from here?  

Peace and Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment